Submitting PA Background Checks, Waivers, and Disclaimers
Once you get the certifications of the background checks, make several copies of each. They are good for 5 years and lots of organizations may need them. HOLD onto the originals – so you can make additional copies as needed. (The fee for the background checks will only be waived once every 57 months – so if you lose the copies before then, you would have to pay to get a new set – to apply to a new organization)
Next, you’ll need to figure out who needs a copy. Chester County Council does. Your Chartering organization may and in rare cases your unit might. Your unit leadership can help you figure that out.
We have developed several ways to submit them in an attempt to make this as easy as possible.
Here are several ways any individual could submit the background check certifications or waivers:
- You could mail a copy of the certifications to Chester County Council, BSA, Background Checks, 504 South Concord Road, West Chester, PA 19382.
- You could bring a copy of the certifications to the Council Service Center at the above address.If you bring the original certifications, we will be glad to make a copy and give the originals back to you.
- You could fax the certifications to (610)696-3389.
- You could email a scan or picture of them to Act153@cccbsa.org
- You could upload a picture or scan of the documents at www.bit.ly/act153-cccbsa
Chester County Council will provide updates to units on who has submitted their certifications. Some units may give specific instructions on submitting the certifications.