The Chester County Council will offer two excursions in 2018; June 23 - July 7 and July 7 - July 21. Every effort will be made to honor the unit's date request.
Click here to register for Philmont 2018
The online application is required of all participants. Collected through this process is contact details used to send important information throughout the year leading up to your excursion. Please do not copy the paper application for other troop/crew members to use; this includes youth/adults from the same family, separate applications need to be completed.
- Total expected cost is $2300. This amount is subject to change until all expenses are firm; any difference is anticipated to be minimal but more likely will not exist at all.
- All Scouters planning to attend must complete the online registration.
- Upon completion of the registration, participants will complete the paper application/agreement & understanding, which requires a unit leader's signature, and submit it with a deposit in the amount of $360 per person.
- Council will begin to accept applications/deposits on Friday, January 13 at 7:30 a.m.
- All participant's applications and deposits should be dropped off at the same time.
- Philmont uses the term 'crews' to define Scouters attending as one group; a crew is limited to twelve, with a minimum of seven participants required. A minimum of two adults must attend with each crew; the maximum number of adults allowed to attend with a crew is four.
- The minimum crew size requirement must be met prior to applications being submitted. All of these applications/deposits should be submitted at the same time. Additions can be made at a later time until the crew limit is met.
- Fulfillment of available crews as well as requested dates of attendance are assigned in the order in which unit applications/deposits are received at Council. Once the number of crews provided by Philmont are filled additional troops will be placed on a waiting list.
- It is permissible for units to submit applications for more than one crew as long as attendance requirements are met.
- Units are permitted to attend consecutive years.
- Scouters wishing to attend without their unit will be assigned to a crew based upon available space and the troop's (making up that crew) approval.
- Crew assignments will be determined by Council's High Adventure (volunteer) Advisor, Mitch King, in early spring 2017.
- Documents aiding in the preparation of the trip will be sent out as needed.
- Flight information will not be available until spring of 2018; independent travel is acceptable with the cost of the ticket deducted from total fee to attend.